Learn Something New with LYS
Learning Something New in 2022 is the theme of this year’s Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival which will take place from Monday 23rd to Sunday 29th May 2022.
As part of the festival of learning, Limerick Youth Service is inviting young people, parents/guardians and adults to learn something new about the many youth work, further education and training opportunities available with one of Ireland’s leading youth organisations.
From courses for early school leavers, opportunities across Europe and enjoying yourself in a youth cafe, LYS has something for you.
Throughout the week, LYS will host the following events:
- Monday, May 23rd (1-2pm)
- To mark the European Year of Youth, find out about the volunteering, studying, training & employment opportunities available for young people across Europe
- Suitable for: Parents/guardians, teachers, employers & those who work with young people
- Location: Limerick Youth Service, 5 Lr. Glentworth St, Limerick
Start your apprenticeship with LYS
A Different Educational Pathway for Young People
- Tuesday, May 24th (10am-12pm)
- Speak with learners and staff about the many educational and training opportunities for young people (15-21yrs) at with LYS’ Community Training Centre.
- Suitable for: Parents/guardians, teachers, employers and those who work with young people.
- Location: LYS Community Training Centre, Lr. Glentworth St, Limerick
Discover a Youth Café
- Saturday, May 28th (2-5pm)
- Teenagers are invited to experience the fun and excitement of a youth café with Limerick Youth Service.
- Suitable for: Teenagers (14-19yrs)
- Location: Lava Javas Youth Café, Limerick Youth Service, 5 Lr. Glentworth St, Limerick
For more information on the above events, please contact the LYS Youth Information Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or 061-412444/083-1726898.
Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival is a celebration of lifelong learning and promotes learning in Limerick through a wide variety of creative, enjoyable and informative events.
The Festival is being presented by the Learning Limerick Steering Group, which is representative of all the main stakeholders involved in promoting learning across Limerick.
A member of Youth Work Ireland and the Irish Association of Community Training Centres, LYS remains committed to connecting with young people and supporting them to reach their full potential.